9. Final Approval of Dissertation
Before the dissertation can be submitted to FGS, the supervisor must ensure that the student has completed the following:
- The revisions have been approved by the supervisor (within three months of the oral examination).
- Any necessary copyright permission has been obtained.
- “Thesis/Dissertation Copyright Declaration” form has been completed and submitted to FGS.
- “The Library and Archives Canada (LAC)” form has been completed and submitted to FGS.
- If any Ethics approvals were obtained, these are included in the appendix of the thesis.
- The dissertation meets the Academic unit’s formatting requirements and the FGS “Formats for Theses and Dissertations”.
Once FGS has been informed by the supervisor that all of the above requirements have been approved, FGS will send the student the “Final Approval of Dissertation” that indicates to readers of the dissertation that the student has met the dissertation requirements. The form has the typewritten names of the committee members who approved the dissertation. This form is to be inserted by the student directly after the title page of their dissertation. The student can then save their dissertation as a pdf and begin the formal submission process.
Updated March 08 2019 by Student & Academic Services