6. Final Approval of Thesis
Before the thesis can be submitted to FGS, the supervisor must ensure that the student has completed the following:
- The revisions have been approved by the supervisor (within three months of the oral examination)
- Any necessary copyright permission has been obtained
- Thesis/Dissertation Copyright Declaration: has been completed and submitted to FGS
- The Library and Archives Canada (LAC) has been completed and submitted to FGS
- If any Ethics approvals were obtained, these are included in the appendix of the thesis
- The thesis meets the Academic unit’s formatting requirements and the FGS Formats for Theses and Dissertations.
Once FGS has been informed by the supervisor that all of the above requirements have been approved, FGS will send the student the “Final Approval of Thesis” that indicates to readers of the thesis that the student has met the thesis requirements. The form has the typewritten names of the committee members who approved the thesis. This form is to be inserted by the student directly after the title page of their thesis. The student can then save their thesis as a pdf and begin the formal submission process.